Investing in the future
The MCA of Eastern Missouri is proud to invest in the future of our industry through involvement and collaboration with our members. We are dedicated to building contractor relationships with our MCAA Student Chapter at the University of Missouri – Columbia and to providing educational opportunities to emerging industry professionals.
This page includes information on:
Looking to Hire?
Member companies looking to hire students for internships or future full-time positions can:
- Start the hiring process early. Many students land summer internships and jobs as early as the September before, so don’t wait until the last minute to recruit talent!
- Get to the know the students. There are several opportunities throughout the year to meet with the students. Contact Carly Carmosino to learn how your company can get involved.
- Visit the John R. Gentille Foundation (JRGF) for more resources
- Apply for an JRGF Internship Grant once you have identified an intern!
Are you a student looking for resources and opportunities in the Eastern Missouri region?
- Make sure the MCA EMO has your most recent resume or CV on file. Our members are constantly looking for the best talent to hire for internships and post-graduate hires.
- Attend a wide variety of networking events, particularly those planned by MCA-EMO. Networking events provide an excellent opportunity to interact with and learn from people in the industry. Ask your advisor for information on the next upcoming event open to student chapter members.
- Check out our MCA Scholarships! Each year, awards are provided to qualified undergraduate student chapter members.
- Visit the MCAA Great Futures Forum for more national resources.
Each year, the MCA of Eastern Missouri sponsors 4-year college scholarship programs for high school seniors who are the child of a full-time salaried employee of an Industry Benefit Fund (IBF) Contributor OR the child of an active pipefitter member of the Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union 562 employed by an IBF Contributor.
- The MCA also provides one-time scholarships to college students who are members of the MCAA Student Chapter at the University of Missouri – Columbia.
- Invitations to apply for a Scholarship Award are distributed each February.
- Scholarships are presented to winners each year at the annual MCA Awards Dinner.
MCAA Student Chapter, University of Missouri – Columbia
The MCA EMO provides support to the MCAA Student Chapter at Mizzou through:
Sponsoring access to major events, such as the MCAA Great Futures Forum and the MCAA National Convention where students gain access to engaging speakers offering excellent career advice and a chance to immerse themselves in the industry.
Offering educational training and support through expert-designed and led classes provided by working professionals on subjects including estimating, and scheduling and planning.
Providing opportunities to get to know local industry pros on a personal level with annual, organized visits to St. Louis-based mechanical contracting companies.
For more information on the Chapter please reach out to Carly Carmosino, email@example.com.
Each year, the MCAA hosts a National Student Chapter Project Competition. Students are tasked with drafting a proposal to serve as the prime contractor on the mechanical portion of an assigned project.
The Mizzou Student chapter earned First Place in the Project Competition at the MCAA National Convention in San Diego, CA in 2017. That same year, the chapter was also named the MCAA Student Chapter of the Year from among a total of 52 chapters nationwide!
Since then, the MCAA Mizzou Student Chapter was selected as a Final Four competition team in the National Student Project Competition in both 2019 and 2020.